Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Keeping Dad Smiling

I have been busy today making Dad smile.  Running around acting like a nut case at the dog park, licking his face and being goofy.  Dad still gets a little wistful but I understand why.  It was four years ago today that Uncle Deacon crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

He has told several stories about Uncle Deacon today.  There was Uncle Deacon taking biscuits right out of a persons pants pocket, the muddy paws playing tug of war with Mongo and having Sasha the Rat Terrorist bouncing all over him.  He called Deacon the Collie Ambassador because he did so well with both people and pups.
Angel Dog Uncle Deacon Playing With Sasha
Dad smiles and gives me hug.  He dwells on the good times and gives me another hug.  I think both Great Auntie Essex and Uncle Deacon would be proud of me.  I know Dad loves me.

Dog Speed,

Sherman

5 comments:

rottrover said...

Oh Sherman...you are the sweetest boy!

-Ruby and Otto

StevieGrrrWonder said...

Deacon was a character, no doubt about that! Doesn't seem like it's been 4 yrs already. Wow! Sherman is there keeping his dad company...good boy :-)

Cowspotdog said...

you do an excellent job of keeping your dad from being to sad sherman

Jans Funny Farm said...

Yes, they would definitely be proud of you!

Dawn said...

Absolutely they are proud of the good care you are giving Dog-Dad!