Sunday, January 21, 2018

Wistful Dad Thinking Of 2008

Cyberpaw pals, Dad is being wistful.  Ten years ago today Grand Ma (Dad's Mom) crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Neither of us were there, but Great Auntie Essex told Sherman all about that day.  Dad drove three days all the way from Key West to Northern Ohio.  He was tired but arrived before Grand Ma crossed.
Grand Ma With Brudder Steve Circa 1967
Essex told Sherman that Dad was close to her.  Grand Paw was there but worked the night shift when Dog Dad grew up.  Dad didn't see as much of Grand Paw as he would have liked.  Mom was there to raise the children though.  She did the best she could.  Grand Ma wasn't perfect, but she did a good job raising them.  All of the kids felt loved.

Essex and Deacon kept Dad sane the days after Grand Ma crossed.  Doing everyday things like walkies does wonder for a hooman's mind.  Essex talked about how she and Deacon loved the snow and played with their pals Cassie and Hattie.  Sadly all of those pups have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Essex the Snow Princess
Hattie, Cassie, Essex & Deacon Playing 
Deacon In The Snow 
Essex & Deacon Playing
The memories of growing up are still there for Dog Dad.  Most of them are good memories, some are sad.  That is life.  Grand Ma, Grand Paw, Essex and Deacon have all left their footprint and paw prints in Dad's heart.
Paw Prints In The Snow
The two of us are keeping Dog Dad company now.  Licking a face or hand does wonders for him.

Dog Speed,

Sherman & Gemini

Love you Mom.  I'm giving you a hug in my mind.

Dog Dad

3 comments:

StevieGrrrWonder said...

Wow, can't believe it's been 10 yrs! I suppose life is all about change. People and pets we love come and go. It just sucks when they go. I miss mom too. I was thinking the day she died was coming up just a few days ago. Good and bad memories growing up, mostly good, I do agree. Loved the pics of the dogs, especially Deacon, but that pic of me...I look Chinese! BOL ;-) I hope Heaven has animals in it and I'll b able to see the ones who have shared my life with me. Animals have such pure, unadulterated spirits, I swear they have souls. Heaven is a happy place, they made me happy, so I'm thinking they'll b there to greet me when I finally arrive.

Dawn said...

Maybe Essex, Deacon, Hattie and Cassie are all playing together now, across the rainbow bridge.

I'm sorry your dad is sad today, but sometimes humans need to take some time to remember, especially to remember special people like parents, even if it does make them sad.

I hope you guys are able to cheer your dad up some and maybe you'll get to go for a walk so everybody feels better!

Jans Funny Farm said...

A lot of changes in life. Some are sad, such as losing those we love. Be extra nice to your Dog Dad.