Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sore Spot

Dad took me to the vet Saturday.  He noticed me licking my right rear paw.  When he looked closely, he noticed a sore between my toes.  Dad is putting on my hurt spot.  I told him that I was okay but Dad would have none of it.  Sigh. 

Dad has been a little sad today, so Gemini and I did our best to cheer him up.  Four years ago today Essex crossed the bridge.  When we started to lick his face Dad smiled at us.  Nothing like collie kisses to lift the blues.

Dog Speed,

Sherman

4 comments:

rottrover said...

Yes! We've noticed rottie kisses have that effect! Sometimes hoo-mans just 'go there.' If only they'd learn to live in the moment like us!!

-Otto and Osa

StevieGrrrWonder said...

It's always better to be safe than sorry! If there's a boo-boo, off to the vet we go! And always be vigilant, watching for signs of a problem....u know us animals can't talk to tell u what's wrong. Nuthin like doggie licks and kitty purrs to make u feel better. Hope u get over the blues soon :-)

Morrie Major said...

Oh it's so nice of you to cheer your dad up like that!
I'm very close to my dad and only recently he went on a long trip away from me and I was so sad :( But luckily he's home now!
Well done for getting your sore spot fixed too!
Lots of licks, your new friend Morrie :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Yes, there is always sadness when we have lost a loved one. Good for you for trying to cheer your dad. Happy Thanksgiving.