Monday, August 4, 2008

New Friends & Gemi Update

We met some new paw-pals passing through Key West this weekend. The names of these two boys were Rox and Buddi. They played a little bit with me. Essex was on fence patrol. Rox was a bit worried because we are so big. These two were visiting and live on the west coast of Florida. They told us how much they liked it their and about their family. Our Dads hit it off right away. They were talking about World War II. Grand Pa K is a World War II veteran, so Dad was always interested in that kind of stuff. Dog Dad can talk a dog into a coma.
Rox, the Sheltie
Buddie, a Lab Mix
Is it safe to use the water bowl?
As for Gemi, she is recovering quite well. She is due for her first check up soon, but her Dog Mom is very happy with her little girl. She is back to running, sniffing and being a good watchdog, just like Auntie Essex. Saturday was the first day Gemi was not on some type of pain meds in over a year. We didn’t see an update, so we are guessing she is A-Okay.

All this typing has wore me out. It is time for a puppy power nap.

Deacon takes a power nap
Dog Speed,

Deacon

6 comments:

Cowspotdog said...

That park looks like so much fun, I wish I could come and check out all the smells with you guys. Mom took me to a local dog park and I was the only one there apart from the snake....it wasn't very big, but big enough that mom doesn't want to go back there any time soon....what a wooz she is!

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I was hoping for an update on Gemi. Good to hear that she is doing well.

You can pass through Key West???

Princess Eva

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Eva and Brice,

You do have a point about passing through. Key West is like the U.P. of Michigan, it is somewhere you go to.

Essex & Deacon

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Collies! Now if that lab mix was really me, it would be exactly how things would look if I visited you.

xo
SB

Mack said...

I like the way you nap!!

I noticed you guys live in Florida.I bet you dread hurricane season like us!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

is rox still a pup? he looks adorable