Monday, August 15, 2011

Does My Butt Look Funny?

Dog Dad is a bit of a warden.  I get put behind bars while he sleeps or if he goes out.  Great Auntie Essex gets to roam around, why not me.  I've tried to show Dog Dad I'm a big dog by drinking out of Essex's water bowl and even went out for a walk with Essex and Dog Dad this morning for the first time.  Toward the end I tried to get Dog Dad to step on my paw, so he would carry me.  I finally succeeded three-quarters way through the walk.
In Puppy Jail
Drinking from Essex's Bowl
What's in This Water?
Dog Dad has been talking about my tail.  He says it makes my butt look funny because there is a sudden line where the tail turns so much darker than the rest of my fur.  Harrumph, I think he is just jealous he doesn't have a tail.

Tail Shows Striking Line Between Sable and Black Fur
Essex Chilling Out
I love my Great Auntie Essex and follow her around at times.  If I forget my dog manners she will put me in my place.  All of a sudden there will be a RRRRRRR, she is standing over me and I'm on my back on the ground, yelping.  I know she likes me because Dog Dad caught us playing together on Friday.

Dog Speed

Sherman

12 comments:

Sheltie Times said...

Dad's just taking good care of you. You'll be crate free before you know it.

Berts Blog said...

Uh, well, your butt does look a littel, well, uh, Special......

But at least your eyes look good.

Bert

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Tee hee!! Dude, you butt is totally freaking cool.. as far as bums go, I suppose!!

Work hard on your manners and you'll be bailed out quick enough!

AROOOOF!
Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack
www.theloveshackpack.com

Shikota said...

Sherman, I've been doing jail time too! My human mom says I am so much different then Shiloh! She tells me we must have been running all over the Holmhaven barn with little supervision!

Dakota o:

rottrover said...

Oh Sherman!! You are TOO CUTE!! It's so fun having puppies in Blogville! We love your tail, butt maybe it's because we'd just love to have tails!!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Moondance Huskies said...

Hi Sherman!
Sorry you are in puppy jail. If you learn your manners fast, I am sure you will be allowed to roam the house with Essex soon. You are too funny--next time just ASK Dog Dad to carry you! You don't want owee toes!
As for your butt---Dog Dad told us about it in chat...and it is TOOOO cute! I love it! You have a DISTINCTIVE, totally individual butt!
Hugs & Howls,
Skye

Cowspotdog said...

hmmmm maybe they had a put a different tail on you shermee - maybe they ran out of brown ones and gave you a black on instead. I am sure when your dad dog trusts you - he will let you have the house to yourself.

Chris and Ricky said...

I remember puppy jail and it is the worst! I don't think your butt looks funny but I am a boy dog and really shouldn't admit to even looking at your butt - LOL!

Dawn said...

You just have to prove to Dog Dad that you won't eat the sofa. Or accidentally 'water' the living room floor. Pretty soon I'm sure, you're be free to roam with Great Auntie!

Mack said...

Sherman,
I am jealous of your tail too - it is awesome!
Sounds like your Great Aunt is a wonderful teacher!
Your pal,
Mack

Natasha said...

Congrats to your Dad and your Auntie Essex on the new addition to the family! You're a cutie!

FiveSibesMom said...

We love your tail! It's unique!